Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Looking back

Have you ever looked back into your deep memories to see what you saw so long ago? Are your memories real? Philosophy tells us that the only real time is the present, and I honestly have to agree. The past is gone, it is only a dream, and time that can never be completely recovered. I have written journals, taken pictures, and even recorded short videos. Records extent your vision into the past, but nothing is the same about those memories. I miss the good times and I am ashamed of the lapses in judgment, but the only thing real is the present.
It makes me think, what will I be writing or thinking in 20 years? Will I be looking back on this dream I currently call the present. When you have a small child, people with older children look at you and say, "It'll go fast!" I smile and think, "It goes just as fast as any other time, only now you look back at your foggy memories and wonder where the time went."
Past, present and future are all the same, you decide your future by changing in the present because of what you learned in the past. What does the future hold? just memories of the past.

No comments: